I have new accomodations!

Chef Ted's Shimmy Club sign gets ready to meet the Saws-All
I have been living simply and deliberately in a room in my leased 4000 square foot warehouse in the industrial part of Charlottesville since I closed on my house May 31. I had intended to take da shaggin wagin to a campground outside of town, but why waste the money when the Shimmy club offers up all these almost free amenities?
 How can you beat this front yard?

 Uh, plenty of kitchen space
 I see real palm trees in my future
 A backyard to die for, trains and all.

Tuesday afternoon Happy Hour
A Jamaican neighbor has flourishing banana trees, we chat gardening...love this neighborhood!
My neighbor; doesn't look like much, but I bet they have 100 concrete trucks that rumble and roll to pour the foundation of the explosion of growth in Charlottesville

My next door neighbors. In a weird twist of zoning, this building, right on the main line railroad of the Northeast corridor, has three apartments in it. The trains rumble by night and day...I love it
My neighbors enjoy a Father's Day cookout, as Amtrak and coal trains swish by.

Mr.Booker, blocked in this shot, but in the white hat, is retired. He sits out in the side yard with a boombox and listens to 50's and 60's Soul music at top volume: Al Green, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Elmore James, The Isley Brothers, Koko Taylor, Earth Wind and Fire and on and on...man does he know his music....I love it.

Jimbo, Peter and Will enjoy cocktail hour(s) on the deck of chez Ted
Not sure of what to make of my new industrial home, Jimbo, Peter and Will stopped by to check it out. If you will remember Jimbo Jimbo's Book here was my partner in high crimes and misdemeanors while we traveled the world. Peter was instrumental in putting me in the right pace and the right time so I could meet Venus Child You met Will here Meet Willie Here The accommodations were voted suitable...maybe not for them....but fine for me and we adjourned to MAS TAPAS for a night of old and new stories. Plans were made over goblets of Rioja for future reunions in Hawaii.Thanks for dropping by dudes, the tapas, and Paul Theroux's book Hotel Honolulu

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Ted,
This is Tommy, your euphonium playing dish machine repair guy. Just wanted to let you know I finally found your blog and have been checking in on you. Love the new but temporary digs. I'll be in C-ville next week. If your still camped out in the warehouse I'll drop by and say hi.
Chef Ted said…
Tommy my man, as the only dude I have ever met that carries around an euphonium and a music stand in the company van piled high with dish machine repair equipment, just in case he might be asked to perform and then when asked, agrees to perform an impromptu concert in the Shimmy Club, you are welcome anytime!
Chef Ted
Valerie said…
What's up with the propane tanks at the foot of the bed? :-)
Chef Ted said…
Hi Valerie....goofing off at work again I see:))
The propane tanks, and I have added two more, are to keep the bed from slipping away from the wall when I am sitting up in the bed contentedly reading. Part of evolving to the reality of my new digs.

Popular Posts