Don't want to be a pussy about it

 
On Tuesday night we had a winter storm that dropped about a foot of very heavy, wet snow on
 my mountain home in Charlottesville,Virginia. I know that some readers who stop by, from say parts of  Colorado that receive 100 feet of snow like clockwork will poo poo this storm, but I am trying to sell this house! I come out Wednesday morning and find these Spruce branches *inside* of my car.
 

I remove the branches, sweep away the broken glass from around the tires and head down the driveway to be blocked by this tree. Really not much of a tree, except we had just spent several thousand home insurance dollars All the Stuff That Didn't Happen cleaning up major tree damage from the *wind* storm several weeks ago.

 
I head down my road to town and encounter this Loblolly Pine, not enough to block me, but enough to block trucks of any size, which leads to *no power for five days*.


There are many elderly people on my county road. When we lose power, we not only lose the comfort and convenience of heat, computers etc., but water and phones as well. I don't want to be wimp enough to say "I almost froze to death", but they really could have. For me, it makes for cold, dark, silent, boring and early nights (7:00 PM), which is fine, but after a few days, the shit and piss in the unflushable toilets starts to be, well, unseemly. Readers may remember this sign from when the Derecho rolled through here last July...same unseemliness, except me and the old folks baked instead of froze Que es un Derecho?


 

 So how much of a pussy am I when I leave the old folks behind and head to Gold's Gym for a workout and 30 minute shave and shower? Well, I see in the parking lot like 25 out of state power company trucks, idling in the parking lot in town, eating Chic-Fil-A, but surely not out on Wolf Trap Road.
 
More trees down, which delays the listing of the house, but nothing the strapping Roberto from Michoacan, wielding a chainsaw can't handle in 4 hours. Cold and silent in the house, bathroom doors shut, but, like the last post, how can I complain about partaking of enchiladas rancheras with my daughter, sharing one headlamp, for four nights in a row?

Comments

Popular Posts