All The Stuff That Didn't Happen

 
In this holding pattern, I spend my days caulking and painting the house, shedding all that is not needed, getting ready to put it on the market and training yet another possible Chef Ted couple. I am being helped by Shortcut Willie. Willie owned a notorious bar here in Charlottesville's University district for 26 years. At 51, he married a babe 15 years younger than himself, and promptly had three children. Now 60, his divorce case is before, and I kid you not, THE VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT.Both sets of lawyers in this case are going to have new cars and braces for their kids, while these parents will hitchhike and their kids will have no teeth. Reduced to almost poverty by all this, this most talented handy man, does the work of an artisan carpenter on my everything from Lowe's house for $15.00 an hour. Somewhere I read that if the time is right, you will meet the people you are supposed to. Standing on ladders in the February chill, we have huge hoots together. We have every right to be bitter, but yet we continually flip the bird to the fates and yuk it up..how so?

I'll tell you how so, because of all the stuff that didn't happen.The white oak above came crashing down on my bedroom in the middle of the night during a recent storm.

And look at the little bit of damage it did to my roof. Because this tree damaged other trees as well, it took tree guys almost a week at clean it all up.


Since it delayed by a week the listing of my house, I was about to complain when Willie pointed out, that amongst the hundreds of trees on this mountain, had one this size, been a little closer, fallen at a slightly different angle, it would have split my bed in half....and then no RV 'ing for me.


Comments

Popular Posts