Que es un derecho?

Power truck working on low hanging lines
What is a derecho?

Like most of the East Coast, I have been sweating it out at my 105 degree work place to return home to my 105 degree house with no electricity or running water for going on four days now…fridge is beginning to stink but I am scared to open it.

I learned that a derecho, Spanish for straight, is weather parlance for a fast, forward facing, long lived, violent thunderstorm complex, moving more or less in a straight direction. The massive trail of destruction on Friday night, viewed from my deck, with Giles and copious amounts of IPA’s, more than fulfilled the definition of a derecho. The straight shooting derecho, in contrast to a “twisting” tornado or hurricane, started in Chicago and caused chaos, death, loss of power and mayhem until it reached the Atlantic Ocean some 600 miles later.

Kinda got me wondering, do people who fulltime, toss and turn in 105 degree metal box RV’s,smelling their spoiled fridges?

at the Elk's Lodge

Comments

Popular Posts