Preparing for the sleep of kings

So after about a month, I have had no interest in the business I crawled over broken glass to create for almost two decades. In spite of listing the business with a local broker and on Craig's list in places like Washington DC and New York, the only people interested in buying my farm are people who want my bank account number first, followed by my credit card number. Alas, I persevere with the dream, studying the rv blogs and forums on how to make this work. I even went to the Workamper's Dreamer's site http://dreamers.workamper.com/foursteps/  and sat through four sessions of a "you too can do it", a sort of self help video that at times dealt with happiness electrons.

So as I continue practicing in da Shaggin Wagin, I realized that if I want to have the sleep of kings, I need a new bed. I am pleased to introduce George. George was recently laid off as a supervisor at a company here in town that made complex nautical instruments. At least on the surface, he remains constantly upbeat and energetic and has started a Italian Ice business that will vend at fairs and festivals. In exchange for using my kitchen as his home base, he has made my new bed platform, that will have this shiatsu futon as a mattress:   

   http://www.zenshiatsuchicago.org/store/futons/





George assembling the sleeping platform.

As well as recognizing that quality sleep (hey, sleeping really doesn't cost much) will be important in my eventual new life living in a van down by the river, and hopefully that river will be somewhere near Jackson Hole, Wyoming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvgcQBt8mc), I realize that reading and internet entertainment will be a big part of my new life. So George has invented.....tah daaa:  a bed that folds into a desk!

 On another note, thanks to Giles and Caroline for a great 55th birthday! Here Giles replaces our outdoor American flag.

and Caroline made her special meatballs!

Comments

Popular Posts